Online Data Collection
This policy sets out how we will use and share the information that you give us.
Bluedot Display Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website or contacting us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
You can visit our website here:
Who are we and how to contact us
Bluedot Display Limited
Registered office address: Unit 10, Coopers Place Business Park, Combe Lane, Wormley, Surrey GU8 5SZ
Registered in England with company number 03985336
You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 01483 861 168
By post: Unit 10, Coopers Place Business Park Combe Lane
Wormley Surrey GU8 5SZ
- Our website(s),
- Email correspondence
- Telephone calls
- Paper communications
- Social media
- Visiting our offices
- Enquiring about or buying products or services fromus
- Providing buying products or services tous
- Trade events such as conferences or exhibitions
What data we process about you
Bluedot Display may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Name, contact details, organisation, employment details Information generated by the work, service or relationship we may have with
- Business details, bank and financial details, communication and correspondence.
- Information generated by visiting our website or engaging with us on social media
- IP addresses, social handles or usernames.
How we collect information about you and how we will use it
We may collect any information that you provide during your correspondence with us, this could be, but not limited to, one of the following ways:
- Giving information directly to us by methods including filling in forms either on our website(s) or via other media
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Requesting any of our goods, services, downloads or other information
- Communicating with us through methods including but not limited to e-mail, telephone and written
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given consent for us to process your
- Where we need to perform the contractual obligations, we have entered into with you or the business you are working for or with.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
Why we collect and process your data
The purpose(s) we will collect and process your data are shown below
- To manage our relationship and administer our business either as a part of a contract or where we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so
- To execute a contract or request
- Where we have a legitimate interest to keep you informed of our products or services by appropriate communication methods, unless you’ve objected to us doing so
- Conducting checks to identify our customers and verify their identity to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information in accordance with our legitimate interests or those of a third party; ie to protect trade secrets and commercially valuable information
- Sending you marketing and information about our business via e-mail if you have consented to it
Your personal data will not be shared with other companies unless at your request.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law.
Your choices in relation to personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. You also have the rights and choices which you can exercise on the data we hold on you.
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
Access The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
Rectification The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
To be forgotten The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
Restriction of processing The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data
Data portability The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
To right to object At any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling)
In certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information. For example processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
For more information or to action these rights, please contact us on
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our data protection contacts – seebelow: ‘Data Protection Contact’;and
- let us have enough information to identifyyou;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request
Retention and destruction of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information we hold about you. We will not use your personal information unless it is (to the best of our knowledge) accurate and up to date.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
When the purposes we collected the data for have ended we will retain or securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For further details about data retention please contact the Data Protection contact whose details can be found in this policy.
Data Protection Contact
If you have concerns that you would like to raise with us, please contact our Data Protection Contact:
Adrian de Candole Directoradrian@bluedotdisplay.com
Unfortunately, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your data we will use strict security measures to try to protect it against loss, misuse, or unauthorised alterations.